RotoBuzz -- Fantasy Baseball

Thursday, September 21, 2006

What's the Buzz? 9/21/06

Not your normal Buzz update tonight as I'm a little crabby here today. Just getting sick of watching my players get hit with these stupid injuries in all of my leagues at all the wrong times. It all gets very frustrating and I see my grip on certain money spots slipping away. So I'm not going to be such a nice guy here.

Let's start it off...

First of all, let's acknowledge "Big Papi" David Ortiz for his record breaking home runs tonight. His first of the night (#51 on the year) broke the franchise record set by Jimmie Foxx in 1938. The second homer of the evening gave him his 44th as a DH which broke his own record he set last year. Woo hoo. Big friggin deal. If I have to hear one more idiot say this guy should be the MVP, I'm gonna shoot myself. Ortiz for MVP? Pfffffft!!! Maybe if that fat bastard could go out and play the field regularly he would impress me a little. It's called the game of baseball, not the game of hitting. Like I've said before...the best incomplete player out there today.
All you Roger Clemens owners are getting a fat little bonus as he's now also starting on Sunday (3 days rest) so he can get one more start at home in Houston. Give the fans a last look before he leaves, I suppose. Maybe he's going to announce retirement again so the team'll give him a nice Hummer to drive to the next city he decides to come back for.
What's up with Mets fans being so impressed with Pedro Martinez throwing 4 innings of no-hit ball? He still gave up 4 runs (3 earned) in the 5th inning and ended up taking the loss. So what? He threw 4 innings of no hit ball. I've seen a ton of pitchers in just the last month do that. Is it because he's coming back from a calf injury? Yeah...good job....you folks can enjoy this now, because if you see him do this in the playoffs, you're gonna seee the Mets on the losing end of the first round of the playoffs. You fans better learn to temper your excitement a little here or you're in for a HUGE fall. Maybe you should turn your focus to the fact that your right fielder hasn't had a single RBI in the last 15 days. If your best pitcher is giving up 4 runs in 5 innings, you're gonna need a little offense to counter it.
Here's the day to day list...make sure you watch these guys before you leave them active and they screw you over by not playing: Eliezer Alfonzo (concussion), Willy Taveras (shoulder -- should miss the whole series vs. STL), Paul LoDuca (finger), Carlos Beltran (fear -- Willie's afraid of not having him at 100% for the playoffs), Coco Crisp (finger -- probably re-injured it picking his ass on the bench), Pablo Ozuna (head), Miguel Cabrera (shoulder), Jason Giambi (wrist -- should miss the whole series vs. TB; at this rate, we're gonna make you re-earn those pinstripes too, buddy -- shut up about A-rod and get your HGH lovin' ass back in the lineup), Paul Maholm (shoulder), Brandon Phillips (eye), Eric Chavez (hamstring), and all N.Y. Yankees starters (Torre wants them to rest), and Roy Halladay (forearm -- likely done for the season).
Looks like Rich Harden should be back in your lineups. His little 3 inning, 55 pitch outing was considered a success. He threw most fastballs and changeups, had good command and solid velocity. He'll get another start next week, so you'll want him active. Don't get too excited A's fans. You're gonna put him on your post-season roster just to watch him throw out his elbow in the first round of the playoffs. Damn, I really hope my league idiot tries to protect him for next year.
Ryan Freel, fractured thumb, done for the year...'nuff said.
If either Jim Edmonds or Ken Griffey Jr. comes back to play this season for an entire game, I might have a heart attack and die. Think I need to put 911 on my speed dial? I doubt it.

That's all I got in me for now. Thanks for letting me vent. If I offended anyone, too bad...suck it up and send me a hate email if you have to. You're only mad because you know I'm right...

Catch you next time...