RotoBuzz -- Fantasy Baseball

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Closing Nightmares!!!!!

You know you need to take a break from fantasy baseball when your dreams are haunted by your players.

I just woke up from the most horrible dream ever!!!

I dreamt that Derrick Turnbow blew his eighth save -- his fourth blown save in his last five chances maybe. It was just awful. He gave up a hit and then another hit and then a walk and then another hit...next thing I know he's got 2 earned runs in a third of an inning and his sixth loss of the season. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out.
But then all of a sudden I was in San Diego and instead of Trevor Hoffman, the Padres had Mark Wohlers on the mound. Well, maybe not Mark Wohlers, but it sure felt like him. It seems that ever since the All Star Game, Hoffman hasn't been able to close out a game anymore.
I was frantic!!! WHIPs and ERAs were skyrocketing; my fantasy points were diminishing; I woke up in a cold sweat dripping from head to toe.

Phew!!! It was all a dream...

wasn't it?